Rubix Madness!!!!

Sunday, February 22, 2009

80s puzzle? 90s mystery? headache of the 20th century?

Rubik cube, what i thought was just a box of cubes and idiotic colours.
For those who have no idea what I'm talking about till this point. Rubik cube is that 3X3 square cube with Different colours on each side where you jumble eveything up by twisting up the layers here and there. And then fixing it up in frustration and wonder why the hell did you jumble it up! lol

Got 1 mini one last friday.... due to the boliaoness of khukhu( AKA ah git, lubbie, tiupok, my gf) that wandered in Jurong point and found a Popular bookshop mini roadshow while I was having my haircut. She pulled me there again after the whole sleepish haircut event( I dun wanna talk abt this, lol) and I just happily browse the whole roadshow with her again... yes AGAIN. And there.. I found a mini rubix cube.. Thinking that i will only use the cube as an ornament for my gayish bag. I bought it at just $1.50. Miraculously it entertained me throughout the night. Seriously at this point, I'm amazed at how much nonsense i can get from the cube and not get frustrated! More of that later on, haha.

After much twisting and turning and blurry eyes, and pointless advice from khukhu ( she actually learned it some time back from her cousin, but its all messed up in her head lol) I managed to get some results. Haha.. but its nowhere near done. The ordeal I went through could very well destroyed the cube in the hands of an impatient ah beng. Being the not so smart man I am, I started to look for help in google! Ohhh the wonders of what you can find in googling, I love this stuff. I found videos in YouTube!! The Step by Step Guide to freaking solve the damn thing can be found here.

Armed with my new found knowledge, well at least SOME knowledge. I decided "Hmm, Lets get a normal sized one from some toy store like Toys R US or something". Haha, At that point the look on khukhu's face was like.. WTF?

Regular day out with KhuKhu, no hoohaa eventless saturday. We end up in Anchorpoint~ Nice place nice smelling food. With a prata stall in the middle of nowhere in the basement. We found a store, selling those cool wierd gadgetty gifts nonsense which only entertains people who walks in but they will never buy... HAHA on that. I FOUND AN ORIGINAL RUBIX CUBE IN THE DISPLAY!!!! I was like.. OMG! I want THAT! khu khu was like.. huh? u serious? Went in the stall and I went straight for the Rubix Cube while khukhu entertains herself with all the nonsense.. This time it damaged me at $10.90. Damn these toys...

In the Bus back home with KhuKhu, I was fiddling with the new cube while KhuKhu tried her hands on the mini one. HAHA the frustration showing in her face.. haha.. CLASSIC! And she freaking BROKE IT! haha.. theses things are fixable so that was no issue. Being an ambitions girl she is, and the die die I wan to solve resolute. We went home straight and followed the Guide step by step.. after 30 mins of fiddling and twisting, I SOLVED MINE! << That was the 1st time btw. KhuKhu Messed her up because of a few wrong turns while solving the final steps.. Poor baby.. gonna get frustrated all over again....

Alright my end for this post will be like the classic taiwan idol dramas - short and sweet... BITE ME.

I seriously URGE you people. GET A RUBIK CUBE and solve it. Good fun and probably trains your Patience.

0 comments: